Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Winter White

This weekend I was home, alone, and pretty bored. Sure there is plenty on my to-do list, but who wants to do the things on their list? Me, I love to make lists, I just don't always accomplish much besides making said list.
Anyway, I'm looking around at my crafty supplies and was suddenly inspired. Everyone is complaining about how spring should hurry up and get here. Sure, I totally support the push for spring, however there is something beautiful about the world covered in fluffy white snow. Thus my winter white table was created! I am happy to say I had all of the supplies in my house, ok, except for the donuts. But I had. to. have. them. now. Donutssssss........right, moving on....check out what I came up with!

A simple table, in my backyard. A beautiful rosette cake (did I mention I'm obsessed with this cake...see here), a small assortment of desserts and hot cocoa! A perfect send off to winter!


I love this cake! I love it in red, white, square, circle....love it!!
White chocolate dipped marshmallows!
Donuts....mmmmm.....donnnnnuuuuttttssss.....(excuse me, must wipe away the drool)
I also did a small project. I used some gorilla glue and Dollar Store mirrors to make vases. It was actually a huge pain in the butt, I tried several glues before using up the last tiny bit of gorilla glue. You can't really tell in this picture, but the mirrors are covered in glue fingerprints. Eh, I tried. I also made some paper flowers to go in my glue covered vases.
Farewell winter! You are beautiful all in white, but now I'm ready for some green!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Totally awesome! I am SO in love with that cake, I am smelling on in green for St. Patty's? ;o)

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails