Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Valentine's Table

As it turns out, my boyfriend David is a very lucky man. For Valentine's Day he got to eat a delicious home cooked meal by the the best looking chef in town at the most romantic table in the city!

This is the romantic set up I had planned for us! Lovely isn't it?

This is my favorite photo. My favorite feature is my heart wall display. I painstakingly cut 140 hearts out of paint chip samples!

I picked up these adorable heart plates at Target for $2 a piece!
Valentine's Day isn't complete without a variety of sweets. These are my Red Wine Chocolate Truffles in a variety of styles.
Pin It

On my 2011 baking goals list was to create this rose cake that I originally saw in white over at The Tomkat Studio. I am absolutely swooning at the end result of this! If I'm going to toot my own horn, I'm toot toot tooting it about this cake! I am so proud of how it turned out! I am normally not very good at buttercream. I primarily work with fondant, so this was an accomplishment for me.

Our menu consisted of a delicious lemon chicken, steamed asparagus, and David's favorite pan fried potatoes (which I cut into hearts!). I served it with a bottle of Seyval from a nearby winery, St Croix Vineyards, that we visited last summer. It was a spectacular evening!

7 comments:

  1. ok, I am feeling shame now! You put SO much into that he better have appreciated it or I'll kick his butt! heehee... cake looks A MA ZING! (and the other treats and dinner sounds great too)!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful evening!!! WOW on the cake! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I luv ur rose cake so much :XXX Can I ask u sth: How u can get this color for ur cake, do u have to use much color or use some tips. I use Wilton color and i dont know how to get so strong color like u? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my site! Im so glad you have enjoyed this post! To achieve this rich color I use Ateco Gel Food Coloring in Red. Yes, I do need to use a LOT to get this color. I colored the icing while still in my stand mixer. I kept adding coloring until it looked bright red. The red will darken a shade or two once it sits out for a few minutes. Keep in mind, icing this vibrant will also stain your tongue and mouth, but I find most people dont mind that part! =) Good luck!

      Delete
  4. If you start out with a fushia base, you won't have to use as much red, reducing that chemical taste. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails