Thursday, February 17, 2011

Age of Aquarius: A Peacock Paradise

Today I share with you my final "party challenge party". I put together one last monthly soiree for my 30th birthday party. I am an Aquarius, I am crafty, and eclectic. I put together a party that reflected elements I wanted to try...such as origami lotus flowers....elements of things I love...peacock feathers...and a simple get together for my girlfriends....fondue. Here is what I came up with....


I put together a simple buffet with a few of my personal favorite desserts and delicious foods for fondue dipping!
Of my favorite desserts I included grapefruit cake, red wine truffles, and chocolate cake with swiss meringue buttercream.
I made a few cupcakes to look like peacocks. The peacock feathers are actually edible! (Source)

Another "2011 cake I wanted to try" was this ruffle cake. I saw it here and fell in love. I absolutely love the fluffy ruffles!
I also incorporated my PVC pipe frame to suspend mason jars and other fun decor over our fondue table.
I used clear holiday ornaments filled with glitter as hanging vases. I used silk flowers and peacock feathers to fill them.
I recently learned how to fold origami lotuses so I created a unique one for each guest's place setting.
Another one of my favorite details is that I used the glitter filled ornament vases as table display. I set the ornaments on top of cordial glasses to create a unique floral display.
Friends came to my home, we had fondue, wine, and desserts. It was a great way to celebrate turning 30!

1 comment:

  1. love it! Can't believe you folded all those flowers! And the peacock cupcakes are fabulous!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails