Thursday, July 21, 2011

DIY Designer Inspiration: Z-Gallerie Venezia Mirrors

I am so excited to show you my latest project! I came across these Venezia Mirrors from Z-Gallerie, and loved them! 
But I did not love the $69.95 each price tag.  These 4 mirrors would run approximately $280!!!
I decided to create my own, for a much smaller price tag.  
Using Dollar Store mirrors, I cut contact paper into shapes with my Cricut, and covered them.  Then I sprayed them with frosted glass spray paint and.....
Viola!! My very own set of Venezia mirrors!!
Here comes the best part....
Cost Breakdown:
6 mirrors: Free (I already owned them---I did get them at the Dollar Store several months back)
Contact Paper: Free (yep, already had it for other projects)
Frosted Glass Spray Paint: $5
Picture Hanging Hooks: $1
Glue to Apply Hooks: $3
Total Cost: $9

Total Retail Savings: $271!!
I hope you enjoyed my project and perhaps are inspired to create your own!

12 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Where did you get the shapes/patterns that you made your stencils from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually used my Cricut machine and the Storybook and Home Accents cartridges to make the designs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessy, I loved your project and have featured you on my second ever blog. Hope you can hop over and visit. Cheers Anjanette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a circuit machine. I found shapes like this at Michael's. They are super thin wood so I hope it works.=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    Glass framing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails