Thursday, July 21, 2011

DIY Designer Inspiration: Z-Gallerie Venezia Mirrors

I am so excited to show you my latest project! I came across these Venezia Mirrors from Z-Gallerie, and loved them! 
But I did not love the $69.95 each price tag.  These 4 mirrors would run approximately $280!!!
I decided to create my own, for a much smaller price tag.  
Using Dollar Store mirrors, I cut contact paper into shapes with my Cricut, and covered them.  Then I sprayed them with frosted glass spray paint and.....
Viola!! My very own set of Venezia mirrors!!
Here comes the best part....
Cost Breakdown:
6 mirrors: Free (I already owned them---I did get them at the Dollar Store several months back)
Contact Paper: Free (yep, already had it for other projects)
Frosted Glass Spray Paint: $5
Picture Hanging Hooks: $1
Glue to Apply Hooks: $3
Total Cost: $9

Total Retail Savings: $271!!
I hope you enjoyed my project and perhaps are inspired to create your own!

11 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Where did you get the shapes/patterns that you made your stencils from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually used my Cricut machine and the Storybook and Home Accents cartridges to make the designs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessy, I loved your project and have featured you on my second ever blog. Hope you can hop over and visit. Cheers Anjanette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a circuit machine. I found shapes like this at Michael's. They are super thin wood so I hope it works.=)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails