Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rhubarb Soda and a Rhub-tini

Rhubarb season was drawing to an end and I had tons left in my garden.  I came across THIS recipe from a local Minnesota website.  Rhubarb soda!  I recently purchased a Soda Stream machine and thought this would be a delicious addition to my usual sparkling water.
Here's how you can try out this refreshing summer drink!
1 cup rhubarb, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until rhubarb falls apart. Strain in a mesh strainer and let cool.
Once cool, stir with sparkling water.  Add syrup to taste.  

Fruit "Soda" is delicious but I was in the mood for something stronger.  A Rhub-tini was sounding pretty awesome!
I mixed together vodka and some rhubarb soda. Shake with ice, strain into a chilled glass.  Then I poured rhubarb syrup in the glass, adding to taste. 
I'm thinking this could be a good idea for raspberries too soon!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails