Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

I was cruising through recipes on fitness websites and stumbled across this one. I am not a big fan of smoothies or shakes, but I thought I'd try it out anyway. I mean, it did have cheesecake in the name! It turns out, it was delicious! A perfect strawberry delight for a summer afternoon.
Here's what you need:
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese
5-6 spoonfuls of sugar (original recipe calls for 6-8 packets of Splenda. I'm not into artificial sweeteners so I used spoonfuls of sugar)
1/2 tsp. Vanilla or Almond Extract
2 cups Frozen Strawberries

Start out by...


Adding milk, cottage cheese, sugar and extract to the blender. Blend until smooth.



Add frozen strawberries a few at a time. Keep blending until smooth.



Pour into glasses and enjoy! Its healthy and delicious too! Check out the nutritional info:
Servings: 2, 1.5 cups
Calories: 118
Fat: 1.3g
Carbs: 18.1g
Protein: 19.4g
Fiber: 3.1g
Sodium: 259.2g
Calcium: 13.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails