Monday, July 23, 2012

Black, Yellow and White Nail Art

My girlfriend Kelly recently celebrated a birthday.  Its sort of become a new tradition for us to score a Groupon or Living Social deal and go out for a fancy dinner. This year we picked up a deal for The Melting Pot, fondue restaurant.  We got all dressed up and headed to downtown Minneapolis. We were a bit early for our reservation so we went across the street to the historic Foshay Tower, which is now a W Hotel. The Foshay Tower has an observation deck on the 30th floor that has sweeping views of Minneapolis. We managed to score free entry to the deck just in time for sunset over the city. Following that, our "fondue date night" was excellent!
For an occasion like this, I couldn't just have boring blah nails, so I created this simple design to match the colors of the dress I was wearing.
For this look I polished my nails yellow. I let that coat dry, then held my black polish brush at an angle to create the two-toned look.  I completed it with white polish and a toothpick to make the dots.
Here we are together on the observation deck:
And here is one of my favorite photos of the city, the reflection in the building just adds something special to it, in my opinion anyway!

 Good times with a great friend! Happy Birthday Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails