If you saw yesterday's sneak peek post, you saw these cupcakes. Red Velvet Peppermint Fudge. Oooooh yeaaaaahhhh....
I made these for a few holiday parties this month and they were a huge hit! Its easy peasy too!
Red Velvet Cupcakes (I made mine with a Duncan Hines Box mix, as directed)
Cream Cheese Icing
1. Bake cupcakes as directed on the box.
2. Once cupcakes are cooled, take a melon baller, or spoon, and scoop out a little "well" in the center of the cupcake.
3. Warm up your hot fudge in the microwave, as directed. I didn't actually measure it out, but for 2 dozen cupcakes, I'm guessing I needed about 3/4-1 cup of fudge.
4. Pour your hot fudge into a bowl (unless you want to flavor the whole container).
5. Stir in a teaspoon of peppermint extract
6. Spoon peppermint fudge into the cupcake wells
7. Top with cream cheese icing and sprinkle with crushed peppermint!
Its a quick, easy, "sounds fancy" dessert for your holiday parties!
Want to get those red swirls in your icing? Before filling your pastry bag, take a brush, dip it in red gel food coloring and paint stripes up the inside of your bag. 4-5 stripes will do. Fill your bag as normal and squeeze! The first few are usually really really red, but as you go on, they look more and more "pepperminty" Yes, that is a word. I've decided so.