I wanted to make a fun wintery appetizer for my family's holiday festivities. I had found a picture of these online, but I cant seem to find the original source. Check out these fun penguins!
Are they adorable or what?
They take a little time to make, but I think its totally worth the effort.
1 can large or jumbo whole pitted black olives
1 can small whole pitted black olives
Cream Cheese, softened
1. Peel and slice carrots into about 1/4 inch thick slices
2. Cut a small "pie slice" from the carrot slices, reserve all pieces
3. Take the large olives and cut a slit in them.
4. Using a pastry bag, pipe cream cheese into olives. This is what creates the white belly. I used a #12 tip.
5. Take a small olive, at the X in the bottom, put the "pie slice" of carrot in, creating a beak.
6. Stack small olive on top of large olive, and then on top of carrot slice that is missing the "pie piece".
7. Push toothpick through to secure. Admire the cuteness!!