Friday, October 22, 2010
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
To end the week on a sweet note....try these caramel apple cupcakes!
Ingredients: (for cakes)
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 stick, unsalted butter, melted
3 honey crisp apples (peeled, and grated)
Ingredients: (For icing)
8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. This recipe made 14 cupcakes.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, melted butter.
4. Stir in apples, fold in flour mixture.
5. Fill muffin cups, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cakes bounce back to the touch.
6. Cool completely.
7. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out centers of cupcakes.
8. Fill centers with caramel topping
9. Prepare icing. Cream together cheese, butter, and maple syrup. Add confectioners sugar. Pipe onto cupcakes, and enjoy! For added deliciousness....drizzle caramel over the tops of frosted cupcakes! Yum yum yum!