Monday, June 6, 2011

Grilled Corn Avocado Salad

This weekend I decided to get adventurous. I'm not much of a grill wrangler. The realm of the grill is typically where my boyfriend reigns. A recent change in his work schedule has me alone most evenings, fending for myself during grill season.  A season I do not want to miss. So, I'm learning to tame the grill. I chose to start my adventures with corn.  I love sweet corn. Grilled, buttered, salt...yum. But I thought, hey why not switch it up?
Turns out, this recipe is delicious! A welcome twist to my tried and true favorite!



Grilled Corn Avocado Salad (Adapted from Martha Stewart)
Serves 2 (In real life, I thought this was enough to serve 4)

Ingredients:
2 ears shucked corn
1/2 avocado, chunk or sliced
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt (to taste)

Directions:
Heat grill to medium high.  Grill ears of shucked corn until lightly charred.  Be sure to rotate often.  Let cool slightly, then gentle cut corn from the cob.  Toss with remaining ingredients.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails